Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Meeting Alda Ellis


One of the many "tea celebrities" I met over the weekend was the truly lovely Alda Ellis, whose books and products I've enjoyed for years. She has a line of beautiful gifts and many wonderful tea accessories (I want a silver Tipping Teapot before I die!), and I can't see a gleaming silver Friendship Ball without thinking of her. Have you ever had one of those? I used to see them a lot at places like Collector's Corner in Sharpsburg. Usually someone gives you one of these silver balls as a gift (that's how I got mine), and then you are supposed to tuck some sort of tiny present inside and pass it on to another friend. Alda has also written numerous gift books, and after hearing her speak at World Tea Expo, I have ordered a copy of her "Sentimental Living" book and can't wait to enjoy it over a cup of tea. After her lecture, I had a chance to chat with her at her booth, and she was even more warm and gracious up close and personal. My spirit "clicked" with her immediately, and I couldn't help thinking that the beautiful silver pieces inside that booth weren't the only things that sparkled. So does Alda Ellis!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for blogging about the World Tea Expo. I'm glad to have found you! I was looking for blogging info about the event and bemoaned on my blog yesterday that I couldn't find any. Guess I just didn't know where to look!

    I will need to update my website and will link to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!