Saturday, August 11, 2007

Black Bear Tea



When my friend Bonnie called Monday to say she would be dropping off some tea she'd bought for me on a recent trip to the mountains, I had no idea what a delicious treat was in store!

Bonnie got me some Scottish Breakfast Tea (which I have indeed enjoyed at breakfast time), and she also delivered 10 bags of tea courtesy of Kappy Lapides of Black Bear Tea Co. in Gatlinburg, who sent the treats after learning Bonnie's friend here writes a little tea column. Kappy sent these varieties: Chinese Jasmine, Black Bear Berry, Keemun Panda #1, Peach Apricot White, Honey Rooibos, Smokey Mountain Symphony, Sencha Mint, Raspberry Rooibos, Hot Apple Pie and Yorkshire Harrogate. (Thirsty now, aren't you?)

Of the few I've tried so far, the Smokey Mountain Symphony and Honey Rooibos are my favorites. I've asked my colleagues to share their reviews as well. Deberah, shown getting some Honey Rooibos above, says the Apple Pie is "even better than the Apple Pie (tea) I bought last fall," and Holly reports that she enjoyed the light honey taste of the Honey Rooibos and might even try it with honey added. We'll post more comments as we sip, but if you want to check out these teas for yourself, or find out about the shop, visit www.blackbeartea.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!