Saturday, September 1, 2007

Relaxing, Remembering with Maple Tea


The first day of September! Wow! This Saturday morning is especially meaningful to me because it was on the first Saturday in September one year ago that I married my sweet husband, the love of my life. I have had such a wonderful first year of marriage, I realize I am truly blessed.

So tomorrow will be the official first anniversary, and today I'm just remembering and enjoying the much more relaxing pace of the day compared to the pre-wedding hours one year ago! And because it's the first day of September, I'm in a fallish mood. I tried out a recipe I've been wanting to make for a while, Maple Tea, and it was delicious.

I got this recipe from Mathew Tekulsky's book "Gourmet Coffee, Tea and Chocolate Drinks." This one is very simple: Make a cup of black tea (I used Ceylon Breakfast Tea from Twinings.) Stir in a tablespoon of maple syrup. Add a heaping tablespoon of whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon. I think I have a new treat to serve at my next fall-themed tea!

3 comments:

  1. hi...

    congratulations!

    this is one of the BEST theme blogs I've encountered...I wonder why it isn't already in the Blogs of Note

    well, keep up the good work...it takes hard work to create such a site

    :)

    regards,
    gopal1035@gmail.com
    India

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. It is my favorite. I love the short, to-the-point articles and hate to miss one - so I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, what generous comments, Gopal and Cynda! This blog has been so much fun to do, and I have to say I'm very impressed with all the nice folks I've "met" along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!