Friday, September 21, 2007

Some New "Vintage" Tea Towels

Vintage tea towels are fun to collect, and they're lovely displayed on a tea cabinet, but in recent years I have had trouble finding any of the vintage embroidered ones that I like. So when my friend Kathy recently added Moda's vintage look tea towels to her line of goodies at
Empty Nest Fabrics and Notions, I was thrilled.


I had ordered the tea towels and some gorgeous Moda fabric from her, and the package was waiting on the door step when I got home last night. Each of the four tea towels is stamped with a different design, and the fabric envelope they come in was trimmed with rickrack (gotta love the rickrack) and a button closure. I will be finding a special use for this envelope once my towels are all stitched up.


One reason these old designs so appeal to me is that they are simply sweet. Do you know how hard it is to find "sweet" things in the world today? I've been so turned off by the sassy sayings on some of the hipster, diva-with-attitude tea towels, aprons and other linens I've seen in boutiques and gift shops. So guess what I'll be spending some of my leisure time stitching this weekend? (I checked and Kathy had one set of these left, if anyone wants to claim it; see link at right.)

1 comment:

  1. that link is not working,do you know where I can order these kits?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!