Monday, November 12, 2007

Betty from Malaysia


Over the weekend, I made a cup of tea and then a small pot of tea using the new miniature Brown Betty my friend Deberah got for me when she was in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. It came from the Wm. A. Kilian Hardware Co., and I just love this new Baby Betty. When you're preparing a cup of tea, sometimes you know you're going to want another cup, but not a whole huge pot. This little 2-cup teapot is just the right size for making a spare cup or so of tea and having it at the ready.

My adult Brown Betty is a 6-cup teapot. At the time I received it as a gift, I remember being amused that this London Pottery Company teapot was actually Made in China. (Shouldn't it be a law that if you have London in your company name, you ought to perhaps be located in London?)

When I got ready to use my Baby Betty, I was removing the sticker on the bottom of the pot and saw that it said Made in Malaysia. That Betty certainly gets around, doesn't she!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Now you have a family of teapots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Send me your email address and I will send you information about the tea pendants that interested you. I will make the tea pot with writing background and post it to make sure you like it. If you do, I will send pricing etc. Thanks so much for your interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!