Monday, November 19, 2007

By request: More scenes from the dinner

Well ... I thought perhaps I was going a little too "off-topic" with the tablesettings (although they DO include teacups), but since some of you appear to be interested, here are a few more pics from my friend's church's Christmas Traditions dinner!


First, a better photo of those pretty Tiara green dishes on the table. (I don't think they were quite through setting up when I snapped these, thus the place card holders don't have the placecards in them yet.) Still, you can see a little more detail.

And check out this purple table with the wonderful golden iridescent dishes. There's a name for those, but for the life of me I can't think of it. (Help! Anyone?)

And look at this table ... even the chairs are costumed just for the event!

5 comments:

  1. I've always called iridescent dishes Carnival Glass. Is that what you were thinking of? I don't know if that's correct or not. :-)
    Thanks for sharing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your comment I decided to Google a bit, and what I'm coming up with is Peach Lustre (or Luster) Fire-King. What do you think? (I'm trying not to "lust" over them too much ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I think you are correct. I found this random site http://www.tias.com/13432/InventoryPage/1944383/1.html
    and it looks like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! And did you notice that a cup and saucer is just $7.50? Hmmm ... (!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. The table settings are gorgeous. What fun it is to see them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!