Friday, January 25, 2008

A Tea Freebie


Did any of you join the new online book club announced by Celestial Seasonings last month? I did, and I was pleasantly surprised when this lovely purple box of goodies arrived over the weekend. I haven't gotten the first book club selection yet, but it's on order. You have to buy the book yourself, but the welcome package is free. If you want to sign up for the book club just go here.

I was quite surprised at how much they packed into this little goodie. First, there are 20 free tea bags! I don't know if they'll all be the same, but I got eight samples of Chamomile herbal tea, six of Madagascar Vanilla Red rooibos tea, and six of Raspberry Gardens green tea.

There are also little cards that have a bookmark and recipe. They're all the same recipe, but it's an intriguing one: Chicken and Pasta Salad with Creamy Chamomile Dressing. For the dressing, you have to steep the chamomile tea bags in white vinegar for 15 minutes. Doesn't that sound interesting? I'll let you know how it turns out!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about that. I will pop over to the Celestial Seasonings website and read up on the book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was pleased with the package also. The selection of tea bags was the same. I'm looking forward to hearing your comments on the book and recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!