Friday, January 11, 2008

"The Ultimate Tea Diet Book"


Diet books flood the bookstores each January, proving that I'm not the only one who might've eaten a bit too much coconut cake and Honeybaked Ham over Christmas. But there's a new "diet book" out that I submit to you is more of a "health guide" than a "diet book," and it's called "The Ultimate Tea Diet: Boost Your Metabolism, Shrink Your Appetite, & Kick Start Remarkable Weight Loss" by Mark "Dr. Tea" Ukra.

Ukra is not really a doctor but owns an L.A. tea shop, and he has for years had customers ask for help in losing weight. He doesn't promote tea as a magic pill for those who want to keep overeating, but he does note that in combination with a balanced diet and moderate exercise, tea can be an enjoyable, healthful part of a weight loss plan. I should point out that Ukra does seem to mention his own brand of teas a good bit, so I was really wanting some of his Candy Bar Tea, but alas, I'm not prepared to shell out $12.50 for two ounces of tea PLUS $6.50 for shipping.

But I *am* prepared to try some of the many recipes in this book. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many new recipes containing tea as an ingredient, such as Tea Apple Sauce, Broccoli Tea Soup, Tea Boiled Shrimp , Currant Tea Couscous and much more. There's also a nice section on tea history, making this a book that many tea enthusiasts - not just the dieting ones - will enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh, Angela you are costing me money!! Besides trying all the teas and such that you suggest, I ordered the calendar you showed us. I just had. to. have. it! Yesterday I found myself in search for Mrs. Tea. Just seeing the picture brought back memories of MY Mrs. Tea and I instantly regretted giving it away :( So...... I found her again at a consignment shop! :) Her teapot is slightly chipped at the spout, but everything else is fine. Explaining why Mrs. Tea is back in our kitchen to my hubbie was the hard part! LOL! Now I guess I am off the explore this tea diet book. LOL!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! I shall aim to include more "no-cost" tips and advice in the near future, Christa! How's that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting book! I wish all my tea drinking were causing me to lose weight! But at least I know it is good for my health.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!