Thursday, January 31, 2008

White Chocolate-Cranberry Scones



I'm having something very yummy with my breakfast tea today. I was way overdue on making the (requested) scones for the office, so I had time this morning before work and mixed up a batch of White Chocolate-Cranberry Scones.

One thing I can't overemphasize is how very much I love both my scone pans! I've been using a regular, traditional size scone pan for years, and recently I added the mini-scone pan. Sometimes, a large scone is just too much, so the mini-sized ones are fast becoming a favorite. Both my scone pans came from Williams-Sonoma and are by Nordic Ware. They cook the scones evenly, clean up easily, and I am going to be a customer for life.

That little pitch aside, I thought I'd share my scone recipe, too. Here you go!

White Chocolate-Cranberry Scones

2 cups all purpose-flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons margarine, chilled
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/3 cup each of dried cranberries and white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a scone pan with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add 6 tablespoons of chilled margarine and combine using a pastry blender until the mixture consists of pea-sized crumbs. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips. In separate bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until blended. If mixture is too stiff, you may want to add another tablespoon or so of milk. Spoon batter into pan and bake for 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Share with colleagues and enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. They're going fast, but if you're in the neighborhood do stop by for one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look so Good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the scone recipe, thanks for sharing that.

    Rosie and I went shopping today as she has been wanting to make some madelines...we couldn't find a pan for less that $14.95...we are still on the hunt though *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the scone pans in my King Arthur baking catalogs, but I've never used them. I usually pat the dough into a circle and cut in wedges, or cut rounds with a biscuit cutter. After reading your scone pan pitch, I may have to try baking them that way.

    Your recipe sounds yummy. I often make cranberry scones, but I've never added white chocolate chips. I plan to give them a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have told myself for a year now to get one of those "mini scone pans" and seeing your tonight..ugh..I want one really bad. HA! AND THE SCONES TOO!
    I mentioned your site on my site tonight....hope that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that I googled for a recipe and stumbled upon your blog. I'm from Georgia and my parents live in Newnan-so it was a nice suprise to find just want I was looking for, from home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!