Friday, March 7, 2008

The Tea Paparazzi


Tea topics are featured in so many magazines right now, I thought I'd share some of them in case any of you like to visit your local magazine source in time to stock up for weekend reading. First up: Diabetic Living. The Spring 2008 issue has a nice spread on diabetic teatime treats, including Citrus Angel Tea Cakes and the Chai and Earl Grey Custards shown here.

Country Living has a nice three-page spread on Majolica tea sets in the March issue. The one shown here, they say, is "one of only three known complete sets." I don't own any Majolica teawares, but I think I'd like to!

Is Vera Bradley "the thing" where you live as it is where I live? I love all those pretty Vera Bradley tote bags and accessories, and now Vera has a magazine. I got an e-mail saying issue #2 should be in my mailbox soon, but if you can find the premier issue (from Autumn 2007) at your local Vera boutique, there's a little piece on teacups which includes a peacock design cup and saucer that is part of Vera's new tableware line.

Food & Wine is not a magazine I've ever bought before (I'm a teetotaler, or should I say "tea-totaler"), but I'd read the March issue features tea, and indeed it does. This issue is a bonanza, with six pages devoted to tea. Very nice.

And last but not least, the new issue of Tea Time is out, and it's one I've been waiting for since it features Risa Provencio, The ParTea Planner (see link at right), one of the first tea bloggers I ever discovered. I have greatly enjoyed reading her blog over the past year, and she just seems like such a lovely person, the kind of gal who visits children with cancer and does face painting to cheer them up. She's often posted photos of the elaborate teas she's catered there in her bit of California, and I am always bowled over by the quality of her work. The seaside tea featured in Tea Time is just gorgeous. Even if you've seen the magazine article, you'll want to visit Risa's blog to see some fun behind-the-scenes photos.

So that's the magazine wrap-up for this week. Happy reading, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You're so right - tea is making the magazines like never before. Even "Budget Travel", the March 2008 issue has a tea related article - "The ABC's of Tea", expert advice by tea aficionados - ten tips by ten different experts on how to buy it, brew it, and use it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I can't wait to go to the store for these! I had planned on working the gardens this weekend- but hey, who wouldn't rather curl up with a great magazine and a cuppu!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!