Thursday, July 2, 2009

A teapot with a new (to me) feature


Belated birthday gifts rock! That's what I thought after I had lunch with an old friend last week (and her three precious kids) and they arrived with a surprise birthday gift. Inside a huge, festive bag was this lovely green teapot and matching tea caddy.


The set is made by Formalities, whose teawares I have purchased several times in the past, but I have never seen a set like this. I love that the tea caddy has a scoop attached and will put this to good use, and I'm also pleased whenever I see a teapot with a built-in infuser.

I am *most* intrigued by the design of this teapot. I like the look of it, and the color is such a nice, soothing shade of green, but I am even more impressed that it has a small notch at the bottom which you can hold for tipping the teapot (the photo above was on the box). Have you ever seen a teapot with this feature? Until now I hadn't, which made an already special gift even more so!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how neat! I love it and I love that particular shade of green. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice set - it really has style. I like the color, the handle and the special feature. And no, I have never seen a teapot with a pouring notch either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea and a very nice gift- you are truly one loved gal! I have never seen this before, but you better watch out, that green is calling my name!!! If it goes missing well, I just can't be responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made sweet tea in a pot like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a pot like this before. What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!