Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy first day of fall!

Finally, fall has arrived, and I have been quite ready for it! A few days ago, my friend and colleague Deberah came back from a lunchtime shopping trip and gave me a bag of wonderfully scented potpourri. If this were a scratch-n-sniff screen (and some futurists predict it will be, someday), you would be able to catch a whiff of orange peel, cinnamon and those spicy scents of fall. Do you smell it yet? Ahhh ...

Another of the spices I associate with fall is ginger, because nothing seems to warm a cold throat or soothe a sore one like a ginger flavored tea. This weekend, I used a T.J. Maxx gift certificate to get some "free" Orange Ginger Mint tea from David Rio Fine Teas. (That's $5.99 if you don't happen to have a T.J. Maxx discount.)

I've had this particular brand of tea only once before, a pear blend I believe came from Williams-Sonoma. The tube canister tells you to measure half a lid of loose tea.

Once steeped, this lovely caffeine-free tea was simply divine! I could taste the orange AND the mint AND the beloved ginger, making this the perfect tea to welcome fall.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Oh Thank you for this fall post. This is my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Happy first day of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea sounds good - I love ginger (candied and fresh). What a perfect cup and saucer to use for a fall tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too finally am glad to see Autumn arrive. I have been hesitant over it but now am READY. I redid the entire house yesterday in all Autumn decor, had a cup of constant comment, lit a pumpkin scented candle and am loving it this morning!!!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and the tea info.
    Lots o' love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you fall teacup. Fall potpouri sounds lovely.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!