Monday, February 22, 2010

Royal Albert 1940's chintz tea set


According to the Royal Doulton web site, the retail price for this Royal Albert 1940's Chintz tea set is $300. They currently have it on sale for $149.99. Last I checked eBay, it was $120. Mine, however, was less than $20!

A week or so ago, you see, my friend Sandra sent an e-mail alert that T.J. Maxx had these Royal Albert 1940's Chintz teapots for sale, so I knew I needed to get over there. No one understands my taste in teawares (and chintzware) better than she does, so if she thought I'd like it, I would. Furthermore, I had on hand a $10 T.J. Maxx gift certificate I just hadn't been inspired to use. When I found this lovely teapot for $19.99 (already a great price) and realized I could get it for $9.99, I was sold.



Then I got another $10 gift certificate (for using my T.J. Maxx rewards card), so I went back for the sugar and creamer. They were $9.99 each, which basically means I got one of them for free. Grand total for the tea set: $19.97. These surely must be "seconds," but for the life of me I cannot find a single flaw, and I have tried to find one!

I like the simple elegance of the pattern, and I have lots of pieces I think would mix well with it.

This is a commemorative pattern celebrating 100 years of Royal Albert. I'm just celebrating my bargain!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colors in this tea set. And, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are one lucky girl...Love the set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Angela - You are the queen when it comes to grand deals on tea ware! Congratulations! I love the look of the 1940s period in clothing and china!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW!
    That is a steal! And they are so feminine and delicate looking. Just right up your alley! Oh, you are the blessed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chintz tea set is really lovely. You share the "bargain queen" title with your Mom. I like your new profile picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! And what a great bargain. I also like seeing the new picture of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before but you are the bargain Queen! And I agree, I don't see a second make on the backstamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chintz tea set is so gorgeous, spectacular find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. REALLY lovely!
    I just adore chintz pattern on china. Have a few pieces myself.
    cheers!
    Fábio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Royal Albert is a quite lovely tea set. I thought you may be interested to see I also wrote about the 100 years of royal albert chain on my blog Tea with Mary Kate, I'd be interested in your views
    http://bit.ly/bJyfDf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!