Friday, August 27, 2010

A most welcome thank-you gift

A few weeks ago I "minded the store" one Saturday for my shopkeeper friend Liz while she was away on vacation. I've done this a time or two before and really enjoyed it, and although she certainly doesn't have to, she always gives me a wonderful thank-you gift for helping out at Cydney's Alley!

This time my treat was this lovely wooden teabag chest! I've never had one of these before, so I was extra happy with my gift.

Until this summer, I had my teabags together in a large glass jar displayed on a table in the kitchen. But then I decided to display seashells in the glass jar, so there went my teabag organization. They're hidden here and there around the kitchen, but now I can have them all together once more. I like that the compartments of this chest are wider than the typical teabag, because I often get oversized teabags and they should fit as well. Do you have a teabag chest? If not, how have you organized your own teabags?

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! My teabags are just in the original boxes, though I would enjoy a tea chest. i just have not gotten around to finding one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that chest, so rich looking! It looks like it has a real history and now with you as the 'owner,' the history continues. Have a great day, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My everyday tea bags are stored in airtight containers on my counter. I have one container for Barry's Tea (a wonderful Irish tea my DH got me for Christmas) and another for Lipton. My special teas are generally loose teas that I keep in their original containers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized teabags - don't I wish. I have a couple of non wood divided boxes, a glass jar, tea basket and packages in a kitchen cabinet and in the pantry.

    Getting the older teabags weeded out and newer ones organized and all in one place will be added to my to do list. :-o

    Your new wood tea chest is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift and a lovely tea chest. I have 2 tea chests. One was part of a Bigelow tea gift a few Christmas's ago (they were sold at BJ's) and the other is an Old Country Roses tea chest. Having said that I usually just store my tea bags in the original boxes. Lately I've been on a loose tea or sachet kick, so I don't have as many bags as I once did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear friends recently gave me a similar tea chest, but I put mine to a different use. As a beautiful organizer and daily reminder of my cherished friendships, my chest sits on my desk with each compartment holding green paperclips, green thumbtacks, etc. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to receive a tea chest. What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!