Friday, July 15, 2011

Wegmans Peach Oolong Tea

Wegmans. I thought that New York-based grocery store chain was located only up north. Apparently there are now stores in a few states farther south, and somehow these bottles of their Peach Oolong Tea ended up at the co-op where my sister shops here in Georgia!

No matter. I'm just glad her family didn't care too much for this tea because I absolutely love it! The label says "slightly sweetened" and that is true. It's not the sugary sweetness I often find (and enjoy, but with guilt!) in bottled teas.

My sister pointed out that this tea gets it sweetness from cane sugar, which appealed to her -- if not the rest of the family. I've enjoyed this lightly fruity drink for lunch every day this week and I'm loving it!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    So glad you could try this peachy tea! How nice for your sister to share.

    I just love, love, love Wegman's.
    They actually have loose leaf tea in several stores that you can scoop from a variety of tins and put in a little resealable pouch and weigh. It then prints a nice label and away you go.
    I almost swooned the first time I saw the tea department as it was such a surprise to see this in a grocery store. The one in Leesburg, Virginia also has a Seafood Bar in the store where you can order a lovely meal and eat at the marble topped counter and watch as their chef prepares your food.
    Grocery Store Nirvana!
    When people come to visit me I always take them there. It is almost like a tourist attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Angela...this would go GREAT with the summer hat peach pies I just popped out of the oven (TeaTime this month)....oh yes...very much!! Come on over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me, but lightly sweetened peach oolong sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice treat to have on a hot summer day. Definitely would help with the hydration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I thought Wegmans was only up north. Glad you like the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this. I shop at Wegmans frequently and have never seen that. I'll to ask about it the next time I go in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Angela, we are so thrilled that you tried and loved our Peach Oolong Tea! It is true that we have expanded to several new states, including Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Massachusetts! We are so glad that you were able to find our products where you live, and that you enjoyed them! Thanks for the mention and for sharing this great story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!