Thursday, May 10, 2012

Souvenirs from a teatime trip

Naturally, on our trip last week the other tea lovers and I were eager to see what we might discover in the Biltmore gift shops. My favorite souvenir is this teacup and saucer set, a reproduction of some Biltmore china we saw on display.

It's a very decorative and highly gilded design, which seemed well-suited to the house.

And while I've seen these miniature journals many places over the past few years, I've not seen one with teacups on it! Not sure what I'm going to use this for, but I know I'll have fun finding just the right tea-related use.

And I came *this* close to not coming home with this cute ornament for my tea-themed Christmas tree! I rushed right past the display of ornaments until Linda found me and showed me her own teacup ornament like this one, wanting to make sure I'd seen it. I immediately headed back to the display. There were two left, and a woman literally reached past me to get the last one just as I stood there taking this one off the rack. Whew!

Acorns are part of the Vanderbilt crest, and these acorn teaspoons were so pretty, I thought they'd be a nice addition to a fall-themed tea—and with a happy memory attached.

Love that little acorn!

I had done some "advance shopping research" before arriving in Asheville, and I knew I had to have this unique Lazy Morning Tea Cozy pattern I found at Waechter's Fine Fabrics in Biltmore Village. I also came home with a couple of other tea-related goodies that I can't show you because, to thank you for reading this week of travel-related posts, I am offering them as giveaways beginning Saturday. Stay tuned!

18 comments:

  1. Ok- we really were connected as I was using the Beautiful Biltmore china in my room at MJs!! Great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful teacup and saucer! It sounds like you had a wonderful time on your visit to Biltmore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet remembrances from such a wonderful journey! Love the Biltmore china!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing your Biltmore gift shop purchases since we checked out at different times. I must have walked right past those acorn demitasse spoons and tea-themed journals. But I did enough damage to my wallet with the items I purchased! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds! I may have to just pop over there and get a few things for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely love love love your new tea treasures!

    You picked some GREAT ones!

    What a wonderful trip. I truly hope to take it myself one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your Biltmore souvenir purchases are great. I really love the little tea tree ornament and the tea cozy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about snatching the last teacup ornament because I asked the saleslady if they had more. She promptly brought them out for the others in our group.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your treasures! Now I know what to look for when I visit Asheville...
    Looking forward to seeing the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some lovely memories of Biltmore. I especially like the tea cosy pattern with the fan on it. I like fans on quilted items and that is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, goodness, everything is so beautiful.

    Nice catch on the last ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've really enjoyed reading about your trip! I'd love to visit there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great souvenirs! Glad you made it to Waechter's, that is one of my favorite fabric shops (even if I haven't been there in years).

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely tea finds, Angela. There are so many lovely things at the shops at the Biltmore, that it is hard to choose. Your selections are just wonderful. Enjoy your treasures and thanks for sharing the bounty of Biltmore.

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply exquisite, Angela! Your selections are so lovely - I heartily 'approve' of all of them!
    That tea cup is especially pretty, you don't see those colors too often.
    It will make for many fond memories of Biltmore, as you 'take tea,' in years to come. Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing the trip with us, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. We were driving from Florida to New York and so I missed a few posts. When I arrived and came to "visit" you, I was so surprised to see The Biltmore china! We just spent two marvelous days there on our drive up. Loved it. I wonder if we were there at the same time! Very close anyway. We had tea too and thoroughly enjoyed the audio tour. We took the butler's tour too but were not as lucky with our guide. We took a wonderful garage ride too.
    I hemmed and hawed over the teacup but finally came away with the teapot. We should get together for tea. :)
    Love your posts! Ruthie
    http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!