Friday, September 14, 2012

Congratulations, Arnold Palmer!

Since it's technically summer for a few more days, I purchased what I imagine is my last box of iced tea "stix" for the season. This time I tried the peach flavor of the Arnold Palmer Half & Half, a drink that's half sweet tea and half lemonade.

I enjoy adding these to bottled water when I'm on the go, and the Arnold Palmer peach flavor gets two thumbs up from me. It had a pleasant fruity taste and was devoid of that chemical taste I have found in powdered tea mixes before. If these are around next summer, I'll be buying them again.

Arnold Palmer, of course, is the famous golfer who is also known for his love of the half tea/half lemonade drink now known simply as "an Arnold Palmer." I've even made Arnold Palmer Cupcakes before, and boy, were they good! On Wednesday, Palmer was honored with the Congressional Gold Medal, and became just the sixth athlete to receive the award. (The others, according to ABC News, were "track Olympian Jesse Owens, baseball hall of famers Roberto Clemente and Jackie Robinson, boxing icon Joe Louis and fellow golfer Byron Nelson.") Palmer is also known for his charitable work and philanthropy, and I liked that when accepting the award during a ceremony at the U.S. Capitol, he joked that he is “particularly proud of anything that the House and the Senate agree on.” And so I happily lift my bottle of Arnold Palmer to … Arnold Palmer!

2 comments:

  1. The cupcakes sound great.
    I hope it is OK to mention that Paula Deen had a guest on her show who made sweet tea chicken and bisconi ( which is a cross between a biscuit and a scone) You can fine this recipe on her web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach flavor sounds good. Now if I only liked sweet tea I would try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!