Thursday, March 21, 2013

New teas from Tea Forté

Even on vacation, I am always eager to visit any T.J. Maxx I can, and so when I was at the beach last week I found some new Tea Forté tea bags at a T.J. Maxx there.

This Apricot Amaretto is a rooibos tea with a richly almond flavor, and I greatly enjoyed it. One thing I love about rooibos is that you don't have to steep it as precisely as you do a black or green tea, since it doesn't seem to get bitter. This was a great tea to enjoy with the sweets I indulged in last week!

The Kiwi Lime Ginger struck me as quite an odd flavor pairing, and I'm afraid I didn't care for it. It's made with organic honeybush, organic ginger root, organic rooibos, organic lemon peel, natural kiwi flavor and natural lime flavor, according to the company, all of which I like, but the combination here just didn't do it for me. "Medicinal" is the word I would use to describe the flavor of this tea. Happily, though, the Apricot Amaretto was a real winner, so I was glad for the opportunity to try these new teas.

7 comments:

  1. I have found out that tea is not only rather healthful tea, but also a great treatment of hangover. Here are some tips:
    Healing tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I LOVE amaretto so I will be on the lookout for this one, next time I get to TJM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inpsired to check out our TJM and see waht I can find now... I love roobios tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a nice time at the beach and that you found new herbal teas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea Forte just seems to come out with more and more interesting products. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy Tea Forte teas and these sound good. Did you find the cookie cutter in any Ft. Walton Beach stores?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!