Friday, May 9, 2014

Samples from Ocean of Tea

Recently I was offered the opportunity to sample some new teas by a company that is new to me, Ocean of Tea. When my package arrived in the mail, it contaned Ti Kuan Yin, Chamomile, and Earl Grey Premium teas.

Ti Kuan Yin is a tea I have been enjoying for years now, and this one was no exception. The steeped leaf had a very distinct roasted vegetable scent, and I steeped it the full three minutes to start with, which was a little too strong for me. On the second steeping, of just two minutes, I got the classic Ti Kuan Yin flavor I expected, and I enjoyed this tea very much with its rich, full flavor.

I enjoy a nice cup of chamomile tea every once in a while, but sometimes chamomile is a bit on the wimpy side as teas go. This one, blessedly, was not. It had a very rich chamomile flavor and I believe may be the best chamomile tea I've ever tasted! Very, very pleased.

Last I tried the Earl Grey Premium. If I'm going to have a tea with bergamot flavoring, I really want to taste the bergamot in a big way, and this one did not disappoint. I brewed this tea to enjoy alongside a chocolate cookie, and oh my, what a simple and delicious pairing! I'm very impressed with my samples from Ocean of Tea, and if you'd like to learn more about the company, you can check out their website here.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that Earl Grey sounds especially delicious! This is a new company to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review Angela! Glad you really liked all 3 of our teas! - Ocean of Tea Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!