Friday, December 5, 2014

The thriftiest Spode around

Since I had to run in Michaels for a few things this week, I did a sweep of the $1.50 bins up front and found a few new Spode-design products I hadn't yet run across this Christmas. Last year I found heaps of the Spode items, but this year, not so much. What I found this week is paper plates, cards and gift tags.

I think these 7-inch plates will be perfect for delivering some Christmas treats.

And the cards and gift tags in green were designs I haven't seen before. I must admit I was disappointed not to find any new Mary Engelbreit tea-themed Christmas goodies this year. Are they out there and I just haven't seen them? It seems that different Michaels stores sometimes get different products, and I'd love to hear what they have in your neck of the woods!

9 comments:

  1. I love these - need to get to Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrgghhhh...all these good shops with wonderful tea items...and we are too rural for any...sigh...but at least I get to see what great things you find Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see these items in our Michael's Angela but didn't buy any. Our store is moving from one plaza to another by March and I hope the store will be bigger. What I'd really like is a Hobby Lobby - dream on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your Spode paper finds. I too was disappointed that my local Michaels didn't have any Mary Englebreit tea goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Michaels today and I also got Mary Engelbreit wrapping paper with teapots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the gift tags. Your Michael's has better things than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's neat you can use those gift tags wrapped around your treat plates - these are great practical items.

    I haven't been to Michael's in a long while- FEAR IT - while trying hard to avoid temptations, haha - need to do some errands this weekend so will have to stop by and see.

    Have a great weekend. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Spode! I've been searching for Mary E Tea items and have not seen any either! Hmm....why Mary? Always fun to look too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love checking the dollar bins at Michael's. I would definite pick up those gift tags. Oh must go soon. Thanks for the head's up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!