Friday, July 24, 2015

Reed's Culture Club Kombucha — Hibiscus Ginger Grapefruit

So, who are the kombucha fans among us? Kombucha is a fermented tea drink some like for its supposed health properties. There's some debate about whether such claims are true, so when I drink kombucha, it's purely as a novelty. This week, I found this Reed's Culture Club Kombucha on clearance at Kroger, and after I got those old eighties Culture Club hits out of my head ("Karma Chameleon," anyone?), I was able to ponder whether a Hibiscus Ginger Grapefruit flavor of kombucha was a good idea. I decided it might be.

And I have to tell you that this was the most delicious kombucha I've ever had! It was fizzy and tart and with just a trace of the peppery warmth of ginger.  The ingredients include live organic kombucha (spring water, organic cane sugar, organic oolong tea, organic yerba mate tea, kombucha culture), organic hibiscus, organic fresh ginger root, and organic pink grapefruit juice, and the drink is free of preservatives, gluten and GMO’s, which I suppose makes it safe for just about everyone.

Sure hoping Kroger has some of these left next time I stop by. And meanwhile, here's a link if you'd like more info on this tasty drink!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks and sounds like a delicious summer refresher! I've never heard of kombucha (learn something new every day!) but I'd surely be willing to try this one if I happen to be near a Kroger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this, the flavours sound amazing and I'm curious to find out what they would be like together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now my mouth is watering. This sounds so good and I like that it is healthy and doesn't have GMO's. I don't buy Kombucha often, but occasionally I do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!