Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Atman Tea: for the mind and body

Recently I was contacted by Atman Tea Co. about trying some of their organic and natural tea that was said to relax the mind and body. Goodness knows my mind and body could use some relaxation, so I said sure, I'll try it!

A package soon arrived in the mail, and inside was this packet with the Atman Tea Co. logo. I liked the look, but I wasn't at all sure what to expect inside.

Now this is quite a different tea than I am used to sampling. The silken tea sachets were lovely, and the tea inside looked intriguing. It's a blend of jasmine green tea and ashwagandha, said to be an ancient exotic herb from India and "especially useful for those who are exhausted, agitated, or drained by stress. It is also one of the most renowned anti-aging and rejuvenating herbs in Ayurvedic medicine." Now while I'm not exactly "drained by stress," I have been burning the candle at both ends lately, keeping up with all of my freelance writing and editing work while, perhaps ambitiously, keeping to my 1,000-words-a-day writing goal in order to finish my second cozy mystery—when I really ought to be editing the first! When I opened this packet of tea, my first thought was of Coppertone suntan oil. Even a whiff of that little coconut smell sends me back to the Florida beaches of childhood summer vacations, which is always a pleasant image. That's not *exactly* the right scent, as there was a spicy quality I can't quite define, but the Coppertone whiff comes close. This tea has a unique taste, sort of a zestier version of jasmine tea, and I rather liked it. This is not the sort of thing I'd want to guzzle by the gallon, but I sensed I was having a "spa" type tea, and that was a good thing. (I did read on the package that women who are pregnant or are on medications should check with a doctor, so please be advised of that if you're interested in trying this tea.) For more information, you may visit Atman Tea Co. here.

2 comments:

  1. It does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the new tea. I'll have to research Ashwagandha as I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!