Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Fortnum & Mason Christmas Catalog


If only I a) lived in England and b) were a rich woman, I know exactly where I'd be ordering Christmas gifts for all of you: the new Fortnum & Mason Christmas catalog from the venerable London department store. I was thrilled when my copy arrived recently. In fact, I handed it to my husband and said, "Here. This is what I want for Christmas." He laughed. ("Ha, ha, ha." Not "Ho, ho, ho.")

For starters (and let's dream, shall we?), there's the Imperial Hamper, which is £6,000 (about $7,525), fills five wicker hampers, and includes champagne, a Christmas ham, rare teas and coffees, a Christmas cake and pudding, sweets and much more. (For UK delivery only, sadly.)


"Tea and other lovely things…" is the heading on this spread, and indeed, who wouldn't be happy with the teapots, the teas, the tea infusers …  lovely things, for sure.


They have some new "Camellia" teawares in a paler version of that beautiful eau de nil ("water of the Nile") color I'm so crazy about.


They also have tea-scented candles in your choice of Countess Grey, Green Jasmine, and Lapsang Souchong.

And finally, there's the item I have been most tempted to actually order, a Fortnum & Mason teapot charm! However, once I learned it existed, I decided it will mean more to me if I wait and purchase one on another trip to London, so that's my plan. (And if you should want to order from them this Christmas, do hurry. Only one day left for worldwide delivery! Click here to ogle their pretty things for yourself.)

















6 comments:

  1. DROOL!!!

    OK, I need to renew my passport soon. When we goin to England?? : D

    All of it is absolutely awesome - love that china, and the teapot charm is adorbz!



    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a Dream Book, for sure! Love the teapot charm, but I will restrain my fingers from ordering it, at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy International Tea Day to all the Tea lovers out there! Have a Cuppa of Cheer!
    Karyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all of the above! I ordered a F&M hamper from William Sonoma, a small one for myself for Christmas. (W&S distributes them for F&M) I have always dreamed of having one! Like you I will wait until my next London trip, to fill a hamper with exactly what I want and carry it home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's just "something" about "shopping" a Christmas catalog, isn't there? They're all so full of "what if's" and "some days"... It's nice to know I'm not the only catalog dreamer..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost a little bit of torture to even look at the treasures on each page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!