Monday, September 11, 2017

Storm prep, tea-lover style

By the time this post appears online, Georgia is expected to be deluged with rain and increasing winds from Hurricane Irma, so I would appreciate prayers for our safety (and ongoing electricity!) during this storm. I do have my stovetop teakettle ready because our gas stove can still heat water in the event of a power outage. Saturday, though, was a beautiful, sunny day, and while I was out shopping, I came across a new magazine I wanted to share with you, Celebrating Everyday Life by Country Sampler. Now I don't believe I've ever purchased Country Sampler because my own decorating style is more traditional and void of any rustic touches, but this issue wasn't what I'd consider "country" at all!

For one thing, I give them points for creating what is actually a *pretty* Halloween-type display that could easily be tweaked for lots of fall occasions, with its whimsical color palette and the miniature pumpkins strewn about.

There are some yummy-sounding recipes to try (Pumpkin Soup, Chocolate Orange Babka Loaf), and I was quite smitten by this red transferware Christmas tablescape too.

The magazine features a lifestyle expert I've never heard of before, Jennifer Carroll (do you know this name?), but I sure like her styling as seen in this magazine. If you like to pick up new magazines each fall and Christmas, this is a great one to add!

7 comments:

  1. Praying for your safety today! I will look for that magazine, I think I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you! Thanks, I will look for this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a magazine I would enjoy. Take care! Hope you don't lose electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your area. Please check in and let us know how you are. Here it's windy and raining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and prayers to millions impacted by hurricane Harvey and Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads-up on the magazine. I'll look for it. I saw your post on Facebook that you didn't lose power during hurricane Irma and am glad you're safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know you were safe during this storm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!